Becoming a new member of Hawkesbury Dog Agility Club
All applicants for new membership of the Hawkesbury Dog Agility Club must attend an introduction night held on the first Wednesday of every second month (excluding January and December). Intake events are advertised via our public Facebook page and interested persons can contact the club here to learn more about next intake class. New enquirers will receive confirmation via email once they have been accepted to attend an intake.
New Membership Requirements
New dogs that join our club must:
- Be at least 9 months of age (or 12 months for larger breeds)
- Have proof of current vaccination or titre test.
- Have basic obedience skills with a reliable recall
- Be kept on-leash at all times and under effective control of their handler
- Wear a flat collar and an appropriate lead
- Be in good health, suited to perform on the agility equipment
- Wear a Yellow Ribbon if they require space
- Be confined in a dog crate during setup, course walking and during discussion
- Bitches in season are not permitted to attend training
New handlers that join our club must:
- Wear suitable clothing and enclosed shoes (thongs, sandals and bare feet are not permitted)
- Be respectful of other members, their dogs and their property
- Understand the Yellow Ribbon policy and give space to dogs that need it
- Bring sufficient soft treats and/or toys to training
- Clean up after your dog
- Not smoke while at the club grounds
Please note that any children aged 12 years or younger are required to be under adult supervision at all times.
What to expect on your first night
New members are required to bring your dog’s current vaccination certificate, completed membership form and cash for membership fees on the night.
Prospective new members gather together without their dogs. They will listen to a talk which outlines training procedures, ground rules and club expectations.
Before completing the final process to formalise each person’s membership the Duty Officer covers a few final important pieces of information then, if agility is still for them and their dog, prospective members can process their membership. Note that memberships cannot be processed without sighting a valid vaccination certificate.
|Initial Joining Fee||$10|
|Single Membership Fee||$40|
|Dual Membership Fee||$60|
|Each Additional Member||$20|
|Junior Membership (under 16 years)||$20|
|Weekly Ground Fee||$5|